The FTA has set VAT registration deadlines in the UAE based on businesses’ turnover. Here are the UAE VAT registration deadlines:
Deadline for VAT Registration in the UAE:
Type of Business (Turnover in million)
VAT Registration Due Date
Mandatory registration (Exceeding AED 375,000)
Businesses with a turnover exceeding AED 150M
Businesses with a turnover exceeding AED 10M
All other businesses
Business with turnover exceeding AED 187,500
Apply for registration only when VAT laws are in force which means from 1st January, 2018 onwards
- Larger companies with a turnover exceeding AED 150 million were the first to register on the FTA portal. Their VAT registration deadline was October 31, 2017. The next phase is for businesses with turnovers ranging from AED 10 million to AED 150 million, and their registration deadline is November 30, 2017. All other businesses with turnovers between the mandatory threshold of AED 375,000 and AED 10 million should apply for VAT registration by December 4, 2017.
With these VAT registration deadlines approaching, it is crucial for businesses to prepare. Here are some key considerations for VAT registration:
- Understand which supplies are included in calculating the VAT registration threshold.
- Calculate your revenue and assess your qualification for VAT registration. If your revenue surpasses the obligatory threshold of AED 375,000, it is necessary to initiate the VAT registration process in the UAE.
- Review your turnover profile to determine the applicable VAT registration due date for your business.
- If you are eligible for voluntary registration (with a turnover above AED 187,500), you should apply for registration when the VAT laws come into effect, starting from January 1, 2018.
- Non-resident businesses engaged in supplying goods and services in the UAE, with no other party to account for VAT on their behalf, should apply for VAT registration when the VAT law is enforced.
- Businesses exclusively making zero-rated supplies can seek exemptions from mandatory VAT registration. They need to complete the registration application and choose the relevant option to request exemptions from VAT.
You can also register VAT Registration in our website: